The dbt Preferred Consulting Provider Program
The dbt Preferred Consulting Provider program is designed to recognize consulting firms that display significant expertise in effectively using dbt for implementing the analytics engineering workflow, and are willing to maintain a mutually beneficial relationship with Fishtown Analytics.
This program’s core focus is building and recognizing expertise and the use of best practices in analytics engineering using dbt, and promoting that expertise in the market.
- Recognition as a dbt Preferred Consulting Provider: Your logo will be listed on the dbt Ecosystem page, with a link to a page of your choice. You will then be able to refer to your consultancy as a dbt Preferred Consulting Provider.
- Quarterly dbt Previews: Quarterly Meetings with Fishtown leaders and product teams, to learn more about new features, and provide a look at what’s next on the roadmap.
- dbt Technical Enablement: Opportunities for your staff to receive additional training on dbt, guidance on introducing dbt Cloud to clients, and access to technical staff who can answer questions.
- Access to a dbt Cloud Team Plan: To use for training, demos, and nonproduction workflows, with preview versions of new features as they are available.
- Comarketing Content Development: Ability to work with the Fishtown marketing team to develop comarketing content, including webinars, white papers, and joint blog posts, with a goal of at least one joint activity per year.
- Collaboration with Fishtown Analytics on dbt cloud Enterprise Implementation: Access to Fishtown's sales team to work jointly on POVs (proofs of value), and support as you introduce dbt Cloud to your enterprise customers.
- Initial Call: An initial call to talk more about your company, your goals for joining the program, and your current work with dbt.
- Customer Reference: One reference for a customer at which you helped implement or provided significant assistance working in dbt (Core or Cloud).
- Initial Project Review: One sample dbt project developed by your team. The Fishtown Alliances team will conduct an initial Project Review of the sample project, based on a checklist similar to this, and provide feedback. There is no specific pass/fail criteria for the project, but Fishtown reserves the right to delay or reject an application based on the sample project.
- Partner Agreement: Once the project review is complete, you'll sign a brief partnership agreement.
- dbt Project Registration: Any applicant must register at least three dbt projects in the first year (this can include your original customer reference). Partners are encouraged to register all their dbt projects. Projects can be registered here.
- Customer Satisfaction Reviews: The Fishtown Alliances team uses these registered projects to annually review customer satisfaction for each partner. Poor customer satisfaction may be grounds for removal from the program.
- dbt Certification: Once dbt certification is available for individual practitioners, dbt Preferred Consulting Providers may be required to have one or more of their staff certified.
Fishtown Analytics partners with technology providers that provide a clear benefit to the dbt user community, usually by representing a key component of the modern data stack, or by developing a point of integration with dbt Cloud.
These integration points may be as robust as a feature or adapter built using our API, or a value-add like dbt packages. Contact us below if you would like to connect about partnering.