About this event
Staging is an online event hosted by the dbt Labs product team, covering new releases in Core and Cloud, previews of work-in-flight, and demos from the dbt community.
Join #dbt-staging in the dbt Slack to learn when future sessions are scheduled.
The latest event took place on August 4, 2022. Catch up with the video replay and learn more about each topic covered below.
A few good places to start, if you’re new to dbt:
- What is dbt?
- Set up Cloud and build a quick sample project. (Start here if you’d prefer to install Core)
- Learn fundamentals for free, at your own pace
- Get tips and tutorials from analytics engineers in the community
New Cloud UI (prerelease)
- Cleaned-up interface & better ergonomics: fewer clicks to switch accounts, check notifications, or look up run history.
Two ways to try it out:
- Contact @Jeremy Hutt to join the UI beta.
- Enroll in the beta for the new IDE, which comes coupled with the new UI.
New Cloud IDE (prerelease)
- Performance and reliability improvements — less lag time when you start a session, resume your work, or save and commit changes. Specifically…
How to try it out:
- Join the beta & share feedback
- Note: joining this will enroll you into the new UI beta as well!
- Limited weekly rollout starts 8/16, to customers not on Virtual Private Cloud
Core v1.2 (released)
- Native support for
grants: an easier way to manage who can use your dbt models
- Announcement: What grants solves today & what it could someday be
- Developer Blog: How to use the new feature, including example code.
- More in the full release notes
How to upgrade:
Core v1.3 (prerelease)
- Python models in beta!
How to try it out:
- Guide: Upgrading to v1.3 (in progress)
- Help us refine:
- Leave your ideas and questions in the Github discussion
- Weigh in on best practices for using Python models in dbt (in development!)
- Leave feedback in #beta-feedback-python-models
dbt Semantic Layer
- Guide for using the metrics components available today
- A few words on what’s ahead for the dbt Semantic Layer
- Leave thoughts or questions in #dbt-metrics-and-server
dbt Labs Marketing Ops meets dbt
Danny and Brandon leaned on dbt macros and a handful of packages to create consistency in the data models feeding Campaign 360 – the reporting tool used by the marketing, revenue, and sales teams at dbt Labs.
A few of the packages used:
Last modified on: Dec 7, 2022