Today, we’re proud to debut the new dbt Certification Program and the first dbt Analytics Engineering Certification exam. You can register today to take the proctored exam online, with appointments opening up July 5th. If you’ve signed up as a premium attendee of Coalesce, you’ll also have a chance to take the exam onsite at the conference.
- dbt Certification Program
- dbt Analytics Engineering Certification
- Register for the exam
- Check out the exam study guide
Why Get dbt Certified?
We built dbt to help advance the practice of analytics engineering: a workflow that allows anyone who knows SQL to bring engineering practices to analytics, and to build datasets that are accurate, tested, and documented.
We created – and continue to deepen – a roster of on-demand resources, making it free and open to anyone to learn how to:
- Build and refactor data models
- Version control your analytics code
- Implement tests for a wide range of models and sources
- Create and maintain data documentation
- Diagnose and resolve errors
- Monitor the health of your data pipelines … and more.
Fast forward to 2022, with the support of every major cloud data platform and more than 30,000 members in the dbt community, dbt has become the de facto standard for how organizations build and deploy reliable datasets.
After years of studying thousands of these deployments from around the world, we’re excited to finally codify the data development best practices that we know enable safe, confident, and impactful use of dbt.
As a dbt Certified Developer, you can:
- Get recognized for the skills you’ve honed via docs, tutorials, and on-the-job practice, with validation from the team that builds and maintains dbt itself.
- Stand out to recruiters seeking dbt expertise, with a digital badge that can be shared on your resume, social network profiles, and personal or professional website.
Ready to sign up? You can register now or learn more by reading the FAQs and getting a peek at sample exam questions.
We’re excited to welcome you to the program.
Last modified on: Dec 7, 2022