AWS Dev Day
About the session
dbt is a data development framework that lets analysts and engineers collaborate on transformation workflows – using just their shared knowledge of SQL.
Through the application of software engineering best practices like modularity, version control, testing, and documentation, dbt helps teams produce data the entire organization can trust.
In this workshop, you’ll walk step-by-step through the process of getting set up on dbt Cloud while leveraging the warehousing prowess of Amazon Redshift. Starting from a blank canvas, you’ll work your way through the dbt development workflow, learning best practices as you build a mature analytics project that scales.
What we will cover
- Getting started with dbt Cloud and Redshift
- Navigating the dbt development workflow
- Using version control for analytics development
- Setting up a scalable CI/CD and testing process
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Access to an AWS account with appropriate roles and permissions to create a Redshift instance