👋 Hi there!
We know you missed these digests!
The dbt Community Newsletters are coming back with a 💥. For the month of September, the dbt Community Newsletter is going to go out weekly, on Wednesdays and with a slightly updated format. All your old favorite digests are below, alongside a few new fun highlights:
- 🏆 Shoutouts to humans of the dbt Community who made exceptional contributions in the past week;
- 📦 Package ecosystem updates;
- 🏢 Job postings that are no more than a week old!
We want to hear from you: reply to this e-mail or come chat in #community-strategy if you have feedback on the new format or the new frequency.
And now without further ado, this week's newsletter 📣
New in the dbt Community
⚡ Highlights and important news
- The #jobs channel has templates! You can now use a workflow to help make sure you provide all the information someone is looking for. Highlights: location information, salary bands, DE&I statement. Templates are optional, but we will increasingly highlight jobs in this newsletter that use them ;)
- Welcome to the Community Team, Jason! Say hello and chat with him about pain points as he takes on improving dbt Developer Experience 💅
- Hubcap got a major rewrite thanks to Mila's hard work! No more missing packages on the Hub, or dbt version incompatibilities. 🚨Hubcap and Hub PRs may be slower to merge this week as we test the changes.
🏆 Shoutouts to
📦 New in Packages
💬 New on Slack
- #advice-career for all of your questions related to growing your career!
- #tools-superset if you're using or thinking of using Superset as part of your modern data stack!
- #industry-healthcare if you're working on data things in the healthcare space, you'll find your peers in here!
- #local-san-diego where folks from "America's finest city"  hang out
These oldies but goodies have moved:
👂 Interesting Conversations
🏢 New Jobs This Week
📢 ICYMI all dbt Community events will be virtual for the rest of 2021 due to the uncertain situation with new variants. Stay safe out there folks and we'll see you online soon!